• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my employer who's harassing me ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anandraj

Hi All ,

I have been working for a firm in India who sponsored my H1B Visa . I signed an employment agreement that states that I need to give 2 months notice if I need to quit or pay 10,000$ as liquidated damages . They mentioned my profile as say "X" . Once I arrive in US , I find that the profile is made "Y" . I informed my employer about this and they said it's as per client's requirement and they'll talk to the client . I quitted for a better oppurtunity with 2 weeks notice . Now they are harassing me saying that they'll not give me the relieving letter or experience letter since I havn't given 2 months notice and also I need to pay 10,000$ . I feel that it's my employer who has breached the employment contract first , by entering a false profile or had hidden the change in it nor obtained any consent from me in writing . And the contract i no longer valid . Am I right ?

Can I sue my employer for harassing as nothing is mentioned about the relieving letter in the employment agreement and it's my employer who's first breached the contract ? Please advise at the earliest . I'm in real trouble ..

E

Ex HR Guy

You are in over your head. You'll want to speak to a lawyer --perhaps a lawyer's letter can save you the money. Probably they'd back off if a lawyer gets involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">