• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i sue my landlord for harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

godspell555

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maryland.for 9 months my landlord keeps putting notes on my door saying i owe money that i dont i go to the office they say sorry and then it happens again 2 months ago i got an eviction notice this upset my wife and kids i took it to the office they said sorry and dismissed it and i still get these notes on my door every month i am on rental assistance the state pays 560 i pay 140 i have reciepts showing i have always paid i dont know what to do i am doing what i am suppose to do as a tenant i pay my rent but still get threatened as if i didnt this cant be right can i sue them for harrasment

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maryland.for 9 months my landlord keeps putting notes on my door saying i owe money that i dont i go to the office they say sorry and then it happens again 2 months ago i got an eviction notice this upset my wife and kids i took it to the office they said sorry and dismissed it and i still get these notes on my door every month i am on rental assistance the state pays 560 i pay 140 i have reciepts showing i have always paid i dont know what to do i am doing what i am suppose to do as a tenant i pay my rent but still get threatened as if i didnt this cant be right can i sue them for harrasment
No. You're not being threatened and your not being harassed .

What is most likely happening is that the payments are at two different times of the month ,and the system ( computer ;) ) is kicking back you are late .

Why not ask when you go to the office ,why this is happening ?

It may be out of their control,and they are just following their procedures.

They are just notes.

HomeGuru

**A: can you write a nice letter explaining your situation and deliver it to the landlord's office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">