• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue spammers of my website?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scorpioet2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Ohio

I have a business website. On its main page is a Legal Notice Link. Said link defines usage of the ONLY and ONE email address contained within the entire site. This email address is set up to be responses to specific questions only.
This email address is NOT given out or used in any other manner other than a reply for information link only.

My Legal notice states specific procedures for a company to acquire this business email address for whatever uses they choose. It is a detailed process and requires my authorization (by snail mail) plus a fee that I had set at $5000. All of this is posted on the Legal Notice page.

So....can I go after a company (moviesville.com) who is spamming me with said email address that they stole using internet "spiderbot" and such technology, from my business site for my $5000 fee? I need to know viability of pursueing this issue, cause I WANT to pursue it, I want it to stop, and maybe in the process the law will get changed to fight such practices.

If you wish to view to legal notice...click here http://home.neo.rr.com/pbicmhc/LEGAL NOTICE FAQ.htm

I have tried to contact this company many times and EVERY time I have been sent form responses that do not respond to the issue. The email gives links to their site and tells a specific link to click on (which of course is disabled) so that they can respond to any questions directed at them.
numerous attempts only result in this indirect computer generated email response. Basically, they have their site set up so that no one can contact Customer Service.

Please respond to [email protected] with your answers and/or further questions about this issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">