• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I sue the USMC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpmeplease

8 years ago, my "husband" was diagnosed with panic attacks while in the USMC in Cherry Point, N.C. He did not follow up on his doctors appointments nor was I, "the spouse" notified of his diagnosis by the USMC; of which I have just now found out that they are required to inform the spouse of any mental illnesses. This is leading to the following: 1. Nearly one month after his diagnosis he murdered our 3 month old son by shaken baby syndrome. 2. The autopsy reports show that he physcially broke the baby's ribs from squeezing him when he was one month old. 3. While waiting for his trial, my husband stayed on base, unsupervised and in doing so he ran away, the USMC said it was AWOL, yet when he was located several states away and brought back for trial, no charges were brought against him. 4. The USMC gave my husband a "General Discharge" from the Marine Corp.
Can I sue the USMC in Cherry Point, North Carolina for not telling me of my husbands illness which may have prevented the death of my son?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">