• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue them?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mfahoum

My daughter was discriminated against because she is Muslim. She was forced to run on a hot day while fasting and was belittled by her PE teacher. Can I sue them?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What US state?
Was she forced to run on a hot day because she is fasting? Was she belittled because she is Muslim?

quincy

My daughter was discriminated against because she is Muslim. She was forced to run on a hot day while fasting and was belittled by her PE teacher. Can I sue them?
Who are you looking to sue? The PE teacher? The school? The school district?

Were all of the other students running in the heat? Were any students allowed to sit out?

Mfahoum

Other PE teachers in the school make exceptions for other Muslim students in the school allowing to walk or to go to the library during Ramadan. There where other students there but not Muslim in her group. I should also mention that this man told her she had to spell the word Ramadan if she is living it and at which point she started spelling it he put her hand in front of her face to shit her up

Mfahoum

Yes I have and they are investigating but I am not happy with only an investigation. My daughter couldn’t breath and was dizzy. She had to break her fast and the kids were left unattended during the last half of class outside

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You have gone to some lengths to ignore the question about what US state this occurred in. Please answer that question.

PayrollHRGuy

Yes I have and they are investigating but I am not happy with only an investigation. My daughter couldn’t breath and was dizzy. She had to break her fast and the kids were left unattended during the last half of class outside
Well do you expect them to poll the PE teacher out an beat him BEFORE they do an investigation?

How old is your daughter?

Mfahoum

I came here for advice not to be talked to like that. I do not care if they fire him or not I care about it not happening again and the fact that it should not have happened to begin with. She is 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">