• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue them?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PayrollHRGuy

I came here for advice not to be talked to like that. I do not care if they fire him or not I care about it not happening again and the fact that it should not have happened to begin with. She is 16.
An employer must investigate what happened before they can take action. If them not doing it again is your main concern then since you reported it and a child was injured they probably won't.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please be aware that you are not legally entitled to know, and will not be told, what action the school takes against the teacher.

xylene

Please only answer the simply question? Do I have a case with information provided above?
For yourself, you can easily see there are quite number of Ramadan & PE related incidents and lawsuits. Some more trivial than your daughters, others involving more serious dehydration.

The reality of how good a case you have depends on what you want. You won't get to 'undo' what happened.

So you need to think about What do you want?
Do you want an apology?
The teacher disciplined? Fired?
A published standard for PE&Ramada?
Cash? a Scholarship? 3 Million dollars?
Donation to a charity?

These are CENTRAL questions to whether or not you have a realistic case.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I didn't say that. I said they're not going to call you or write to you and said, "We suspended him" or "we demoted him" or "we put a warning in his file". They will take the action they think is appropriate but they are not going to report back to you what action that is.

Mfahoum

I want him fired to be honest. I also want provisions put up for children practicing Ramadan. An apology to my daughter eouldnt be possible as she is scared to go near him.

Mfahoum

I can honestly maybe understanding that he didn’t know much about Ramadan or the fact that my daughter could have seriously been hurt. But making fun of her religion in front of her and other kids by telling her to spell ramadan and then putting his hand in her face. Also him becoming extremely angry is what concerns me the most.

quincy

I can honestly maybe understanding that he didn’t know much about Ramadan or the fact that my daughter could have seriously been hurt. But making fun of her religion in front of her and other kids by telling her to spell ramadan and then putting his hand in her face. Also him becoming extremely angry is what concerns me the most.
An investigation is needed before any action of any sort can be taken.

You can speak with an attorney in your area now for a personal review of what happened but I think you need to be patient and wait to see what is discovered about the incident.

quincy

Thank you Quincy. I will take your advice
Good. An attorney potentially can find out more of what is going on in the investigation than you or your daughter can on your own, too.

The incident you relate here is definitely disturbing. I can understand you and your daughter being upset by your daughter's treatment.

Good luck, and thank you for the thanks.

HRZ

I'm sorry....since when is a students religion an excuse not to perform the required tasks in school ? I suspect I'm older than many posters...but students have been inventing excuses about PE for as long as there has been PE ......yes, I've seen excused absences from athletic and band. events past sundown on the Friday Sabbath of some religions ....but not required classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">