• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i sue this person who did this to me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
California

I suffered emotionally and mentally because of this person who did this to me early last year. I was living in a old wooden condo that would echo upstairs and below attached. At the time, I was a new tenant along with another new roommate tenant. This home was very peculiar that I did know about until I moved out many months later. This man and his girlfriend below maybe pretended to use this house where sounds were very similar whether it came upstairs or downstairs in this situation. He would intentionally make absurd unreal ridiculous sexual noises with his girlfriend violently trying to create a picture. He would scream while he was climaxing and all these sounds would sound like its coming from the upstairs home. He must of been a good actor making all these noises because it sounded believable in shocking way. I ran away living there for only few days scared because I thought it might of been my new roommate couple doing that. It stunned me. It turns out my roommate couple c omplained that I was doing inappropriate sexual behavior in my room which caused me to believe it was the neighbor who tried to do that us. It has caused me and them a lot of pain and suffering because of his actions whether it was intentional or accidental. What should I do?

justalayman

Of course you can file a suit but I can’t imagine any valid cause of action for such a suit.

What you should do is seek mental counseling if this is a real problem for you.

Eekamouse

California

I suffered emotionally and mentally because of this person who did this to me early last year. I was living in a old wooden condo that would echo upstairs and below attached. At the time, I was a new tenant along with another new roommate tenant. This home was very peculiar that I did know about until I moved out many months later. This man and his girlfriend below maybe pretended to use this house where sounds were very similar whether it came upstairs or downstairs in this situation. He would intentionally make absurd unreal ridiculous sexual noises with his girlfriend violently trying to create a picture. He would scream while he was climaxing and all these sounds would sound like its coming from the upstairs home. He must of been a good actor making all these noises because it sounded believable in shocking way. I ran away living there for only few days scared because I thought it might of been my new roommate couple doing that. It stunned me. It turns out my roommate couple c omplained that I was doing inappropriate sexual behavior in my room which caused me to believe it was the neighbor who tried to do that us. It has caused me and them a lot of pain and suffering because of his actions whether it was intentional or accidental. What should I do?
When you live in close proximity to others and have thin walls, you are going to hear all sorts of things you're not going to like. If you can't ignore these sounds, turn on a radio or a TV and drown it out. Or invest in ear plugs. Did you seriously think your neighbors would be excessively quiet just for your benefit? Not on this planet.

When you live in close proximity to others and have thin walls, you are going to hear all sorts of things you're not going to like. If you can't ignore these sounds, turn on a radio or a TV and drown it out. Or invest in ear plugs. Did you seriously think your neighbors would be excessively quiet just for your benefit? Not on this planet.
I didn't know it was the neighbors for a long time. These old wooden condo homes are very odd. It was a actually a shocker because the sounds they make below sound and can be heard upstairs as if someone in that upstairs home was making it. Sounds almost identical which makes this very sensitive, because I had a roommate couple living next to me. They just signed as new tenants like me as well. This guy either did it on purpose to make it sound like it my was roommate couple doing this to me using this peculiar home to his advantage. It was a very sick thing to do to another human being. It turns out after months thinking it was my roommate couple and thinking how it could be them, they complained to the landlord which was my friend saying I did something inappriopriate sexually in my room before I ran away after that. It was the neighbor who did this to me.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I didn't know it was the neighbors for a long time. These old wooden condo homes are very odd. It was a actually a shocker because the sounds they make below sound and can be heard upstairs as if someone in that upstairs home was making it. Sounds almost identical which makes this very sensitive, because I had a roommate couple living next to me. They just signed as new tenants like me as well. This guy either did it on purpose to make it sound like it my was roommate couple doing this to me using this peculiar home to his advantage. It was a very sick thing to do to another human being. It turns out after months thinking it was my roommate couple and thinking how it could be them, they complained to the landlord which was my friend.
I doubt that the neighbor was thinking about you AT ALL whilst involved with this paramour. Seriously -- you need to seek professional mental health help

(Edited to fix a formatting mistake.)

Last edited:
He was. He was faking it and he did it to me on purpose. The people below me avoid me every time I came over to hang out with the landlord. Pretended not to be home, while you can hear them in the house, and I know the reason why they did it, after hearing I was planning to move out early. This isn't some paranoia. They waited until I woke up that Saturday morning and opened my window, they would suddenly stop making these noises for a brief second, that sounded like it was coming from the floors, when I got up and started walking around. They would continue when I went back into my room to sit down.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even if you are 100% correct about everything and everyone's motives, however, it does not change the fact that there is no legal action you can take.

CdwJava

How much are you willing to spend to try and sue? What damages have you suffered? How can you PROVE they are only making noise to annoy you? You really think the neighbors are so focused on you that they are making a concerted and ongoing effort to annoy you?

You do not appear to have any grounds for a lawsuit. If they are making loud and unreasonable noise, you can call the landlord and maybe even the police. Though, they may conclude that your concerns are unfounded and you might then give those neighbors grounds to take action against you.

Moving out might be your best bet. Move someplace where you don't have any neighbors if you can.

How much are you willing to spend to try and sue? What damages have you suffered? How can you PROVE they are only making noise to annoy you? You really think the neighbors are so focused on you that they are making a concerted and ongoing effort to annoy you?

You do not appear to have any grounds for a lawsuit. If they are making loud and unreasonable noise, you can call the landlord and maybe even the police. Though, they may conclude that your concerns are unfounded and you might then give those neighbors grounds to take action against you.

Moving out might be your best bet. Move someplace where you don't have any neighbors if you can.
I wouldn't post or attempt to sue someone if I did not or think I suffered mental damages. It is very true that I can't really prove he did it intentionally, because he can just deny it saying it wasn't on purpose to try to make me think it was my new roommate couple doing using this old attached condo home, that he's been living here longer with. And or he can say those noises was he and his girlfriend actually have sex like that.
I don't know, I just don't see if hypothetically if my roommate was instead a dad and a daughter, and the guy below decided do that, and make me think it was my new roommates who did that to me causing this drama. I think hearing exactly those noises and thinking it was my roommates, it would hurt me mentally, do I have state the obvious why. I know this all seems like paranoia, but I know why they did it to me. When I was home alone when I first moved in, I annoyed them first on my laptop..., unintentionally. So when I decided to move out after staying there for 4 days only, they annoyed me back like that before I had a chance to leave for good. Btw, they can hear everything we say and do and I can hear them. I just didn't know anyone lived under me at the time because it was so quiet, but I could hear them saying "shhhh" to their dog when it was barking, which you could hear in the wooden floors below, when I was in the kitchen. It sounds loud.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
One more time: Even if you had proof positive of what was being done and could also prove it was being done intentionally to annoy you, you would still have no legal recourse.

Eekamouse

I wouldn't post or attempt to sue someone if I did not or think I suffered mental damages. It is very true that I can't really prove he did it intentionally, because he can just deny it saying it wasn't on purpose to try to make me think it was my new roommate couple doing using this old attached condo home, that he's been living here longer with. And or he can say those noises was he and his girlfriend actually have sex like that.
I don't know, I just don't see if hypothetically if my roommate was instead a dad and a daughter, and the guy below decided do that, and make me think it was my new roommates who did that to me causing this drama. I think hearing exactly those noises and thinking it was my roommates, it would hurt me mentally, do I have state the obvious why. I know this all seems like paranoia, but I know why they did it to me. When I was home alone when I first moved in, I annoyed them first on my laptop..., unintentionally. So when I decided to move out after staying there for 4 days only, they annoyed me back like that before I had a chance to leave for good. Btw, they can hear everything we say and do and I can hear them. I just didn't know anyone lived under me at the time because it was so quiet, but I could hear them saying "shhhh" to their dog when it was barking, which you could hear in the wooden floors below, when I was in the kitchen. It sounds loud.
You COULD have just turned up the radio or TV instead of letting it eat at you. How long did you live there? A week? And if you thought it was your roommate, did you not mention it to him/her and ask them to please be quieter? Hearing someone have sex in a different apartment or even in another room isn't that traumatic. Why did you let it bother you so much?

CdwJava

You have no tangible damages nor proof that they are knowingly and intentionally causing you any form of discomfort.

If you have the amount of money you'd need to try and file a lawsuit to collect on some nebulous form of pain and suffering, you have the money necessary to move elsewhere.

You COULD have just turned up the radio or TV instead of letting it eat at you. How long did you live there? A week? And if you thought it was your roommate, did you not mention it to him/her and ask them to please be quieter? Hearing someone have sex in a different apartment or even in another room isn't that traumatic. Why did you let it bother you so much?
It's hard to understand. You CANNOT just ignore it, these homes are nothing like I lived in or thought to be possible. The echoes are like amplified. The guy was shaking his bed or something growling aggressively at like 100 rpm, then screams while climaxing. I was shocked at if that was someone having sex, because I sure wouldn't know what that was. The roommate couple even thought it was me who did this to them. I never got a definite answer of them denying it was them who did that or they thought it was me, but they did say something like we didn't do anything to the guy and complained I'm the one who did those inappriopriate sexual behavior in my room. My working professional roommate couples who were offended thinking it was me, because I did that not like them. They were distraught, with the woman who was for some reason almost crying when she saw me, in parking lot after I ran away. I did not know why she was sad at the time. That is how unusual these homes are. I was there alone because I signed first few days before their move in date and I can say, and not being crazy, I would hear short sounds coming from rooms as if someone was there. But no one was there because I was the only one there. I just assumed the place was old and was sounds of floors creaking or walls. I grew up in a single story detached home and assumed that's what those noises were. I never heard noises like a schizophrenic in my entire life. And the other roommate couple and even the landlord do not have mental issues either. Even if I was living in apartment or any other condo, knowing it was neighbor making noises, it would obvious and distinct to not be confused with another room in the upstairs home I was renting at the time. I could hear the guy snoring underneath me and echoes in my room louder than it should be. But you don't if its coming from someone in your home or downstairs.

CdwJava

NONE of which grants you legal grounds to sue ... or, at least to prevail. If the noise is unbearable, move somewhere else.

If you think you really do have a case, shop it around to lawyers and have a cashier's check for at least $10,000 in hand for a retainer. Good luck.

NONE of which grants you legal grounds to sue ... or, at least to prevail. If the noise is unbearable, move somewhere else.

If you think you really do have a case, shop it around to lawyers and have a cashier's check for at least $10,000 in hand for a retainer. Good luck.
I moved a while ago. I put in my 30 day notice to landlord before all this happened, showing the room to possible tenants. Then this happened, and I ran away. I ended up paying the full months amount even though I never went back.

This was also a one time thing. They kept doing this to me while I was in my room and you can clearly hear this not from the windows below, but inside my room and around me. They did this a total of 2 times before I left because it was louder than anything in the upstairs home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">