• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i sue this person who did this to me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdwJava

I moved a while ago. I put in my 30 day notice to landlord before all this happened, showing the room to possible tenants. Then this happened, and I ran away. I ended up paying the full months amount even though I never went back.

This was also a one time thing. They kept doing this to me while I was in my room and you can clearly hear this not from the windows below, but inside my room and around me.
So, the trauma is over and you are now at peace, right?

So, the trauma is over and you are now at peace, right?
no to be honest it isn't over. I suffered great once while sleeping once thinking this actually was my roommate couple that did it. I felt like I was in hell, limbo, wanting to scream for my mom to help me one night. The sky looked like it was on fire. It was a total nightmare I couldn't tell from reality.

That was one night while I thought my roommates did that to me. I hated them harassing me like that. But the last few months when it was the guy who was faking it, I was happy and at peace.

CdwJava

Sounds like you need therapy, not a lawsuit. As you have been told, there appears to be no grounds for any lawsuit. Also, as mentioned, you can take your money and shop around for an attorney and find out that no one will take the case because there is no case to be had. After that, start looking for a therapist to help you cope.

Sounds like you need therapy, not a lawsuit. As you have been told, there appears to be no grounds for any lawsuit. Also, as mentioned, you can take your money and shop around for an attorney and find out that no one will take the case because there is no case to be had. After that, start looking for a therapist to help you cope.
I should called police that day instead of running away, like my landlord, whos my friend, told me I should of done. They would helped straighten this out and even let me go back to the place.

CdwJava

Wouldn't they find out who is harassing me and tell them to stop?
Being a noisy neighbor is not a crime. The noise has to be loud and unreasonable - criminally so. And, intentional. You can tell the neighbors the same thing. Unless the police can show intent to disturb you that can't really do much - certainly not arrest anyone.

But It was loud and unreasonable. They certainly wouldn't let me stay in the room above, because every time I was there, they would do the same exact thing, and it would echo upstairs, and you could hear it in my room everywhere around and in other rooms like it was happening in there.

Eekamouse

But It was loud and unreasonable. They certainly wouldn't let me stay in the room above, because every time I was there, they would do the same exact thing, and it would echo upstairs, and you could hear it in my room everywhere around and in other rooms like it was happening in there.
But there was NO REASON why you couldn't have turned up the volume on your TV or radio or used earplugs to listen to music or anything that would have drowned out the noise. Your neighbors might have been rude to be so loud while having sex but it wasn't like they were doing it outside your window or forcing you to watch so what exactly is the big deal? I assume they are both adults. I assume you are also an adult. Adults have sex. Sometimes other adults can hear it. Usually, they just ignore it or drown it out. Why couldn't you do so? Why are you making this out to be so traumatic and labeling it as harassment? I sincerely doubt they were doing it just to bother you. They don't even know you.

But there was NO REASON why you couldn't have turned up the volume on your TV or radio or used earplugs to listen to music or anything that would have drowned out the noise. Your neighbors might have been rude to be so loud while having sex but it wasn't like they were doing it outside your window or forcing you to watch so what exactly is the big deal? I assume they are both adults. I assume you are also an adult. Adults have sex. Sometimes other adults can hear it. Usually, they just ignore it or drown it out. Why couldn't you do so? Why are you making this out to be so traumatic and labeling it as harassment? I sincerely doubt they were doing it just to bother you. They don't even know you.
I didn't know what the noises until he screamed while climaxing slapping his girlfriend on her behind. It just sounded like he was shaking something really really fast and all of which ended in about 2 minutes. You right I should muted it, but I didn't what the sounds were after I just woke up that day. He even opened blind door below me, pulled out a rolling chair and started making squeaking noises with it. Before I put in my 30 day notice, I did or perhaps annoyed the people below unintentionally while I was on my laptop and it was on speakers.... And what? when I get mad I hearing this, I try to go find out if it's my roommates doing it, I can hear them suddenly stop?? Then I walk back into my room, sit back down, and it goes again. It sounded like there was another group of sounds in my roommates room, because one of them was walking around in there. It was all just so confusing at the time. This guy passes out at end and starts snoring under me. They don't know me but maybe I was annoying them without knowing during my short time I was there.

quincy

I didn't know what the noises until he screamed while climaxing slapping his girlfriend on her behind. It just sounded like he was shaking something really really fast and all of which ended in about 2 minutes. You right I should muted it, but I didn't what the sounds were after I just woke up that day. He even opened blind door below me, pulled out a rolling chair and started making squeaking noises with it. Before I put in my 30 day notice, I did or perhaps annoyed the people below unintentionally while I was on my laptop and it was on speakers.... And what? when I get mad I hearing this, I try to go find out if it's my roommates doing it, I can hear them suddenly stop?? Then I walk back into my room, sit back down, and it goes again. It sounded like there was another group of sounds in my roommates room, because one of them was walking around in there. It was all just so confusing at the time. This guy passes out at end and starts snoring under me. They don't know me but maybe I was annoying them without knowing during my short time I was there.
Yes. It is possible that you were annoying them, as well.

After a year, this should not still be bothering you. Because it apparently is, you should seek out a therapist. There is no legal action for you to consider, based on what you have said.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">