• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Missouri
My Husband was recently fired from his job for a false sexual accusation complaint. His Co. is refusing to release any information. Said an attorney would have to subpeona it. He's also having a difficult time finding another job. In his proffesion this shouldn't be a problem. Plus the fact that he has 18 years experience. We even had a problem trying to get state medical help cos' the company wouldn't even state that he was no longer employed! The female that lodged the complaint has been known to cause other's problems & has even had a female terminated over sexual comments concerning this females' spouse. She took it for 3 months & then blew up. She lost her job. The trouble maker is still employed. My H was not employed with the company where this female works. It was part of his route for 8 years. She on one occasion asked him a very personal & sexual question, which he ignored. She is not the most attractive person, & is married. Now that you have the background, my question is....Can I sue her in any way,shape or form for an undue hardship? We have a son who has a chronic illness. His medication alone is over $200 a month. That does not include Doctor visits every three months. Can I do anything to her for causing this hardship? Has anyone else ever filed such a charge & what was their outcome? Thanks for any & all information! I don't sleep or eat over this situation!! The stress is unbearable!!


I'm a Northern Girl
You should talk to an attorney.

It's impossible to tell from the info provided if you have a case or not. In order to successfully sue her, your husband will need to show that she deliberately filed a false accusation, knowing all the while that it was false. Keep in mind that with sexual harassment, what counts is NOT the intent of the alleged harasser, but the perception of the alleged victim. Therefore the fact that your husband did not intend anything out of the way does not mean that she did not file the complaint in good faith. If this is the case, he will have a hard time succeeding in a suit. Please note that I'm saying IF - I am NOT saying that this is the case.

Only an attorney familiar with all the facts will be able to give you an idea how good a case he has.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential