• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

linda chaparro

I live in the state of colorado, I was involved in a verbally abusive relationship that turned physical one night between me and my ex-boyfriend as i was leaving his home with my 12 year old son he followed me outside he grabbed me and I hit him with my keys he knocked me to the ground my son was begging him to stop and my son helped me up when i got up he knocked me down again my shoulder was injured one of the near by neigbors must have called the police when the police arrived i was in my car getting ready to leave I had been drinking so had he the police had my son get out of the car they questioned him he told them what happened they told me they could arrest me but they wouldn't they talked to my boyfriend and told him my sister was coming to get me and told me that if i pressed assault charges we both had to go to jail because I hit him with my keys, so i went home in pain. I went to the doctor told him what happened a day later. 3 days later i filed a restraining order against him because in the past when i tried to leave him he would call and threaten me that if i didn't give his gifts back i would be sorry or he would be waiting for me outside my job or home begging me to talk to him. The night of my injury when i got home i called and left a couple of nasty message on his machine, the day he was served with the restraining order he had me arrested for making phone calls at an inconveniant hour. I made the mistake of pleading guilty because I didn't know what else to do and i was ill i couldn't take my high blood pressure medicine my pressure was 160/120 i couldn't take my pain medicine i also wasn't allowed to say anything but guilty or innocent. I now have a deffered sentence to be dismissed after two years if i complete a domestic violence course. I am still in pain with my shoulder the the doctor says it will take approx. 8 weeks to heal I missed work and pay because of it. To make matters worse after my restraining order got continued he went the next day and filed one against me stating that I hit him in his head twice with 20 keys and that i called him and threatened him and his 12 and 13 year old on his anwering machine both of which are lies no threats were made and he caused the only injuries. I need to know if I can sue him for my shoulder injury or am I just learn a bad lesson. and is it perjury to lie saying there were no other restraining orders and that i threaten his family (on tapes that don't exist).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">