• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I take my ex husband to court for contempt without a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Baseballmom4

In our divorce 5 years ago my ex was court ordered to pay half of all unpaid medical bills I have over $6000.00 in medical bills for our son and he has never paid one dime It would cost me at least $500.00 for a lawyer, I am working a fulltime and part time job to pay these bills and he wont lift a finger, I don't really have the money for a lawyer can I file the paperwork and take time to court so the judge can hold him in contempt and make him pay?

LdiJ

In our divorce 5 years ago my ex was court ordered to pay half of all unpaid medical bills I have over $6000.00 in medical bills for our son and he has never paid one dime It would cost me at least $500.00 for a lawyer, I am working a fulltime and part time job to pay these bills and he wont lift a finger, I don't really have the money for a lawyer can I file the paperwork and take time to court so the judge can hold him in contempt and make him pay?
You can do that. Search online for a self help center for your county and state. That is the best I can tell you since you erased the "what is your state" question instead of answering it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">