• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i use my s/d for part of months rent i hava alredy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gueengail3

Im in the process of an eviction and the landlord states that my rent is not pd for 2 months but i pay my rent on the 15th of every mo

W

Wgoodrich

If the landlord says you owe 2 months rent yet you say that you have paid the rent every month then you should have the reciepts or cancelled checks showing proof that you have already paid. No contest as I see it if you have those receipt showing you have paid the months the landlord says you owe.

If you have no proof of payment and he proves you lived there during that time, then I suspect you are going to pay again.

Good reason to obtain rent receipts or cancelled checks for proof of payment at all times.

Your security deposit is a different subject from your rent owed and transferring of funds is not possible unless you can get an agreement with the landlord to give credit to you transferring the security money to your rent. I extremely doubt that will happen. But if you get that one pulled off then be sure to receive documentation of that transaction in writing.

Good Luck

Wg

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">