• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Win

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I live in Maryland, and I bought a car from a friend for $1000.00 back in February. After only two days the car stopped running and he was to fix it, but never did. After months went by and me calling him and emailing him, he finally decided to come look at the car and apologized because the person who fixed the car did something improper. He assured me and my boyfriend that he would get the part for the car and fix it, well that was back in June. I have been contacting him and he is ignoring me completely. I have sent letters to him and he moved but still works at Social Security. I want my money back but if I sue him in small claims court and he moved am I able to send the notice to his job?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential