• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can landlord rent one bedroom to 4 to 5 people

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noisyneighbors

What is the name of your state? California (LA). My neighbor living in a small one bedroom apartment has his four teenage children (14-16 years old) living in the apartment - many times they are unsupervised - he works nearby. If they were quiet, I would have no problem. I am not sure the landlord knows all the children (and often their friends) are living there. Is this legal to rent a one bedroom to five people in Los Angeles, CA? A few other neighbors in the building (a triplex) apparently won't call the landlord but say the noise often goes on until 2a.m. Any suggestions on what I can do anonymously? Could it be a Health dept problem?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">