• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Misdemeanor B (speeding more than 25 miles) impact my VISA status?, in my VISA stamping interview or in Port of Entry?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I had been arrested couple of month back in Missouri for below charges;-
1) Speeding more than 25 miles
2) Failure to Yield
3) Resisting Arrest (may be because I was trying to explain the reason too many times )
4) Child Endangerment (since my kid was in the car).

Then the public prosecutor only filed 2 charges speeding and failure to yield.
And finally I convicted (Plead guilty) for speeding more than 25 miles.

The sentence was fine amount $1000, and I paid that immediately.

Can this Misdemeanor B, impact my VISA status?
I have to go for stamping interview, can this reject my Visa stamping?
Also while flying back to US, can it be an issue in Port of Entry?

Doesn't change the fact that you had children in your car while going 30 MPH over the limit.
Correct. Doesn't change the fact.
But does this really qualify child endangerment ? Every person speeding, with child in the car, can be charged with child endangerment?

Did you check the links provided in your other thread?

If you are concerned about your Visa, it would be smart to consult with an immigration attorney.
I checked the link and As I see
courts have determined to be CMTs in individual cases are:
  • murder
  • voluntary manslaughter
  • involuntary manslaughter, in some cases
  • rape
  • spousal abuse
  • child abuse
  • incest
  • kidnaping
  • robbery
  • aggravated assault
  • mayhem
  • animal fighting
  • theft
  • fraud, and
  • conspiracy, attempt, or acting as an accessory to a crime if that crime involved moral turpitude.
So my changes/ and the convicted does not qualify for CMT. Still I am worried, hence raised this question here. Would be grateful if anybody experienced/know similar scenario and consequences.

quincy

sumit_tumba, traffic offenses generally are not crimes of moral turpitude and (as a rule) would not affect your Visa.

But these are odd times we are living in and any violation of ANY law can be a problem.

I suggest you consult with an immigration attorney. This probably should have been a step taken back in June when you first posted here.

Just Blue

Correct. Doesn't change the fact.
But does this really qualify child endangerment ? Every person speeding, with child in the car, can be charged with child endangerment?
Yes. Yes it does qualify as endangerment. That you would even ask that question tells me you need to not drive and should not have children in your care.

Yes. Yes it does qualify as endangerment. That you would even ask that question tells me you need to not drive and should not have children in your care.
So You are saying even though I am not convicted with child endangerment, but just because I am charged, i have a high chance of visa rejection.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">