• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my boss refuse to approve a vacation request if I won't tell him where I'm going?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djscandal

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Can my boss refuse to approve my vacation request if I won't tell him where I'm going?

What I do during my personal time is no bodys business but my own. What are my rights here? Are there any measures I can take to combat this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your boss is under no legal obligation to approve a vacation request under any circumstances. I agree that it's none of his business but you do not have a "right" to take vacation and no, there is nothing you can do to combat this.

If he is refusing to grant the request unless you tell him where you're going, I suggest you either tell him or cancel the vacation.

HomeGuru

djscandal said:

Can my boss refuse to approve my vacation request if I won't tell him where I'm going?

**A: of course he can, what if you're going to hell. He would surely want to know that you are taking his advice.

C

CheeseBlotto

djscandal said:

What I do during my personal time is no bodys business but my own. What are my rights here? Are there any measures I can take to combat this?
Make something up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">