• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my employer put on my termination paper failed drug test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nunya154

I took a drug test and I am reasonably sure that I am going to fail. I work in a drug free business. I fell at work (I was not doing drugs at the time, nor had I ever done drugs before) Six days later my leg was really hurting and I asked to be sent to a DR and that's when they tested me for drugs. The night before I had been with friends and they smoke marijuana and for the first time in my 56 years I decided to try it. My concern is can they put that in my permanent record so I will never be able to get a job anywhere else. Thanks

ALawyer

If you fail a properly administered drug test, and they get access to it properly, they can fire you. They can also put the facts down on a file.

How did they get access to your Dr's records -- aren't they confidential between you and your doctor? And why were you so stupid to take drugs in the first place and then submit to a drug test?

If this is important to you, and it sure sounds like it is, get advice, now, from your own employment lawyer so you'll be in a position to either defend yourself or curtail the potentially harmful long term effects. Also, o you really think anyone, much less and employer, ever believes a person who says "This was my first time"....

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">