• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can my live in boyfriend ban my mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjoesgirl

Hi I live in Janesville, wi, I live in a mobile home with my boyfriend. We are both on the lease and title. He does not like my mom and says she is not allowed in the house and If I let her in he will call the cops and have me arrested. Can he do that?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi I live in Janesville, wi, I live in a mobile home with my boyfriend. We are both on the lease and title. He does not like my mom and says she is not allowed in the house and If I let her in he will call the cops and have me arrested. Can he do that?
No. You have as much right as he does to have people over. Why though are you with him if he treats you this way?

cjoesgirl

I am his caregiver he is bedridden, when we first got together he was able to walk. He is very manipulative also. I am trying to decide what to do. There is no one else to take care of him. He has alienated his whole family.

cjoesgirl

I did send an email to a social worker, maybe she will know how to go about it. A lot of our stuff is in both our names.

LdiJ

I am his caregiver he is bedridden, when we first got together he was able to walk. He is very manipulative also. I am trying to decide what to do. There is no one else to take care of him. He has alienated his whole family.
I agree with the other response. He cannot have you arrested for having a guest in your home, even if he does not like the guest. You really do need to leave the guy. If he is bedridden he belongs in a nursing home.

xylene

"It's your right to have people over"

Sure that's true. BUT:

Someone manipulative and dangerous but who appears vulnerable can do and say things to get you and or your invited guest (mom) arrested.

Getting out is what OP needs to focus on, not who is in the right

What is the total estimated value of the property / items that are in both of your names?

What is the liability left on the lease (per month and how many months)

LdiJ

"It's your right to have people over"

Sure that's true. BUT:

Someone manipulative and dangerous but who appears vulnerable can do and say things to get you and or your invited guest (mom) arrested.

Getting out is what OP needs to focus on, not who is in the right

What is the total estimated value of the property / items that are in both of your names?

What is the liability left on the lease (per month and how many months)
Re the bolded: Not without some evidence of abuse or neglect of a dependent. Besides, he doesn't want her arrested. She is the only person available to take care of him.

xylene

Not without some evidence of abuse or neglect of a dependent. Besides, he doesn't want her arrested. She is the only person available to take care of him.
People get arrested in domestic situations very readily. It's easy for people not to be at their best dealing with strong emotions. He might want revenge or 'prevenge' on her if he know or senses she is withdrawing emotionally. It's not unheard of. Dealing with accusations alone could be convoluted, costly and painful.

cjoesgirl

We also have a car loan that is in both our names, 5 pets, we just signed a year lease on the trailer lot. Most household bills are in both names

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">