• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my manager make us work with no gloves for the second day now as a hotel housekeeper?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingRon

Every employee is subject to the OSHA and California mandates when PPE is required. Biologic hazards are specifically called out as "other potentially infectious material" which is defined as any human bodily fluids. If you're cleaning bathrooms and personal linens, gloves would be advisable.

Cookcook

I haven't seen anything posted here that say the general duties of a housekeeper in a hotel are subject to any OSHA or California mandate requiring PPE.

Common sense is not an OSHA finding.
Yes but there was so much more and different catagories that those agencies would have a small scope of limited help that I was advised to search for a lawyer that could help with those additional issues .I was trying to get to those issues if you would please stop trying to end my conversation for me.

Cookcook

Yes but there was so much more and different catagories that those agencies would have a small scope of limited help that I was advised to search for a lawyer that could help with those additional issues .I was trying to get to those issues if you would please stop trying to end my conversation for me.
Well not you, but the other person who is posting

eerelations

For starters
There are no laws dictating that employers must:
  • prohibit their employees from bringing their children to work; and
  • hiring unqualified people (including friends and relatives) to perform managerial duties.
So you have no legal remedies for these issues.

LdiJ

For your own sake, you should probably buy some gloves to wear at work until you can resolve the safety issue with the employer.

Cookcook

There are no laws dictating that employers must:
  • prohibit their employees from bringing their children to work; and
  • hiring unqualified people (including friends and relatives) to perform managerial duties.
So you have no legal remedies for these issues.
How can you possibly know this if I havent finished listing them all!

Cookcook

Really?

eerelations replied about two specific legal issues. The reply had nothing to do with any other issues.
Because I havent said any more because the list is on and on. Like , a person expired in one of the rooms and I happen to know for a fact they did not change the mattress! And no im not done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">