• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my ticket be dismissed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbender04

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I received a infraction ticket for not moving over when an officer had someone else pulled over on the highway. They were on the shoulder at the bottom of a hill so there was a double solid line. The posted speed limit is 65. I was going the speed limit but started slowing down as soon as I noticed the officers lights up ahead. Since I had double sold yellow lines I continued to slow down and get as close to the lines as possible without going over to avoid an illegal lane change, as I passed the officer I was going about 48 miles per hour. The officer was at the window of the vehicle he had pulled over as I passed. He stopped what he was doing and got in his vehicle and proceeded to pull me over. When he got to my window he was noticeably upset. He said that I put him and the other driver in danger for not getting over in the other lane. When I tried to explain that I had slowed down to about 48 and got as close to the line as possible he said he didnt care and that it was very dangerous. he proceeded to give me a traffic citation but his name is not anywhere on the ticket and the reason for the ticket is also no where on it. Just the amount of 303.00 and court date and my information. Can it be dismissed?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I received a infraction ticket for not moving over when an officer had someone else pulled over on the highway. They were on the shoulder at the bottom of a hill so there was a double solid line. The posted speed limit is 65. I was going the speed limit but started slowing down as soon as I noticed the officers lights up ahead. Since I had double sold yellow lines I continued to slow down and get as close to the lines as possible without going over to avoid an illegal lane change, as I passed the officer I was going about 48 miles per hour. The officer was at the window of the vehicle he had pulled over as I passed. He stopped what he was doing and got in his vehicle and proceeded to pull me over. When he got to my window he was noticeably upset. He said that I put him and the other driver in danger for not getting over in the other lane. When I tried to explain that I had slowed down to about 48 and got as close to the line as possible he said he didnt care and that it was very dangerous. he proceeded to give me a traffic citation but his name is not anywhere on the ticket and the reason for the ticket is also no where on it. Just the amount of 303.00 and court date and my information. Can it be dismissed?
Doubtfully.

You need to take a driving safety refresher course.

https://kentuckystatepolice.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Kentucky-Driver-Manual-12-1-2017.pdf

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">