• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Paroled Idiot Ex Work in a Bar?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

My ex-husband (Missouri resident) has been paroled after over three years in prison to a community release center in St. Louis. I understand these are for people at high risk for recidivism. He has a parole stipulation not to have any contact with his victim, me. However, the Victim Services says they cannot prevent him from contacting our daughter. She wants nothing to do with him. In his latest sorrow filled missive, he said he is working at a well known restaurant/bar/nightclub in the Central West End in St. Louis. He also has drug/alcohol stipulations. What will happen to him if they find out he is working in this sort of environment? Is it a violation? He said in his letters he plans to hitchhike to our home once he is released from the center. He doesn't take stay the hell away for an answer. The lion is out of his cage and on a leash and will soon be roaming at will. I am very worried. Please advise. Don't they check these things?! He is bad enough sober. Around alcohol and drugs, he is completely irrational. He believes he is smarter than everyone, especially the police.

garrula lingua

I believe it's up to his parole officer to approve his employment.
If he's not given his parole officer correct info, or is in violation of his parole terms, he can be sent back to prison for one year.
Ask Victim Services to give you his Parole Officer's name and number, or point you in the right direction to get that info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">