• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can prosecutor against me in my criminal case involving my child represent my parents in the custody case involving that same child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wonder81

Can prosecutor against me in my criminal case involving my child represent my parents in the custody case involving that same child?
My son 16 year old attacked me and CPS found me at no fault. Now that that happened, my mother flipped lid, hired the prosecutor against me as a family lawyer against me involving the 16 year old and my other two kids. Got an emergency order. The PA controls it all now. I can't win. It's got to be a conflict of interest.

Eekamouse

My son 16 year old attacked me and CPS found me at no fault. Now that that happened, my mother flipped lid, hired the prosecutor against me as a family lawyer against me involving the 16 year old and my other two kids. Got an emergency order. The PA controls it all now. I can't win. It's got to be a conflict of interest.
How is it you were prosecuted if the case was dismissed by CPS?

LdiJ

Did you actually have to go to court on the CPS case? Generally if CPS finds someone at no fault then the case never goes to the prosecutor or to court. If the case never went to the prosecutor then it would not be a conflict of interest. If the prosecutor was actually involved in your CPS case, then I would see that as a conflict of interest. You are definitely going to need your own attorney to combat this.

Wonder81

Did you actually have to go to court on the CPS case? Generally if CPS finds someone at no fault then the case never goes to the prosecutor or to court. If the case never went to the prosecutor then it would not be a conflict of interest. If the prosecutor was actually involved in your CPS case, then I would see that as a conflict of interest. You are definitely going to need your own attorney to combat this.
The PA will not drop state charges on me because it will hurt his case against me in his representation of my parents in custody case of said children involved.

Just Blue

The PA will not drop state charges on me because it will hurt his case against me in his representation of my parents in custody case of said children involved.
Do you have a criminal defense attorney? If not...you need one. If you do have an attorney you should ask him/her these questions.

Wonder81

Up coming court date . PLUS child custody judge give my parents temp custody even tho CPS cleared me.

quincy

You should seek out an attorney's help. You are correct in believing there could be a conflict of interest.

Wonder81

The court didn't appoint you a criminal defense attorney? You are going pro se on a CRIMINAL CASE?
Yes but he offered me 3 years Felony probation even tho cps found me not at fault. Refuses to ask it to be dismissed. He and the PA are friends.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">