• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can she do it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brownieliu

What is the name of your state? VA

I met my boyfriend a year ago. now we want to live together but there's a problem. he was with his ex-girlfriend for little over 8 years, about 2 and half years ago, he bought a house and she moved in and helping out for the house payment every month. but her name is not down on any legal paper that regard to the house he bought, it is under his name only. now she still lives there and refuse to move out. he wants to evacate her but he was told that just because they've been living together for 8 years in which 2 years is in this house and with the fact that she helped with the house payment, so she is entitled of 50% of the equilty of the house. because of that, he's afraid to evacate her. so i want to know, is she entitled to 50% of the house equilty? and if she file a law suite, can she get anything out of it?

JETX

Q1) "is she entitled to 50% of the house equilty?"
A1) Based solely on the limited information in your post, no.

Q2) "and if she file a law suite, can she get anything out of it?"
A2) Anything? That is a pretty broad question since we have no idea what evidence she could bring to trial, or what claims could be made of any agreement. Further, the court often rules in ways that are beyond belief or fact.... so, the answer to this question is Yes, she could get something. It could range from nothing to 100% reimbursement of any money that she can prove she 'invested' into the property.

HomeGuru

brownieliu said:
What is the name of your state? VA

I met my boyfriend a year ago. now we want to live together but there's a problem. he was with his ex-girlfriend for little over 8 years, about 2 and half years ago, he bought a house and she moved in and helping out for the house payment every month. but her name is not down on any legal paper that regard to the house he bought, it is under his name only. now she still lives there and refuse to move out. he wants to evacate her but he was told that just because they've been living together for 8 years in which 2 years is in this house and with the fact that she helped with the house payment, so she is entitled of 50% of the equilty of the house. because of that, he's afraid to evacate her. so i want to know, is she entitled to 50% of the house equilty? and if she file a law suite, can she get anything out of it?

**A: Tell your boyfriend to serve her an with an evacation notice. Then file a law suite to evacate her. She needs to be evacated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">