• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can she do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t74

OP, Do you work every weekend when you are on duty? It sounds like you work (Th-Fri or W-Fri, Sat-Sun, Mon-Wed or Mon-Tu) rather than (Mon-Sun or Sat-Fri).

LdiJ, I am very sympathetic to the military since bot DD and DS have a military relationship which they have chosen to handle differently. I also spent most of my childhood in a military family. IMO, there is a big difference in a military move after a couple splits when one parent is in the military and one where one parent chooses to marry a military member who is not a parent of the child and is subject to relocation. The latter is choosing to become involved in a relationship over the children and complicate their lives. The military family who splits often does so to benefit the children of a troubled couple; long time military families are used to relocations and deployments; this is a natural part of their lives. Children who come into a military family by virtue of the marriage of their parent are being torn away from not only a parent but also their way of life. IMO. it is selfish of a parent to think of him/herself first rather than considering the effect on the children when entering new relationships.

LdiJ

OP, Do you work every weekend when you are on duty? It sounds like you work (Th-Fri or W-Fri, Sat-Sun, Mon-Wed or Mon-Tu) rather than (Mon-Sun or Sat-Fri).

LdiJ, I am very sympathetic to the military since bot DD and DS have a military relationship which they have chosen to handle differently. I also spent most of my childhood in a military family. IMO, there is a big difference in a military move after a couple splits when one parent is in the military and one where one parent chooses to marry a military member who is not a parent of the child and is subject to relocation. The latter is choosing to become involved in a relationship over the children and complicate their lives. The military family who splits often does so to benefit the children of a troubled couple; long time military families are used to relocations and deployments; this is a natural part of their lives. Children who come into a military family by virtue of the marriage of their parent are being torn away from not only a parent but also their way of life. IMO. it is selfish of a parent to think of him/herself first rather than considering the effect on the children when entering new relationships.
I am sorry but I completely disagree with you. I do not believe that one parent should give up love and marriage in order to ensure that nothing ever changes for their children. Its neither realistic nor actually healthy for either the parent or children. The children need to see their parents in healthy and loving relationships in order to learn how to form those kinds of relationships themselves.

I did what you suggest is best for children and I regret it. I do not think that I did myself or my daughter any favors.

t74

I am sorry but I completely disagree with you. I do not believe that one parent should give up love and marriage in order to ensure that nothing ever changes for their children. Its neither realistic nor actually healthy for either the parent or children. The children need to see their parents in healthy and loving relationships in order to learn how to form those kinds of relationships themselves.

I did what you suggest is best for children and I regret it. I do not think that I did myself or my daughter any favors.
Again we must agree to disagree. OP and others have the benefit of two different opinions to see what is best for their particular situations. What is sad that is that no matter which is chosen, the children are hurt in some way - some a little and some a lot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">