• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can she keep me from......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?TX
My son is starting baseball this year, he will play on two leagues, one by his mother's house one by mine. His first game of the season [of his life] will be during one of the weekends that she has the boy. She has asked me no to come to the game because her new husband would not like it and cause problems for her. I think that request is nuts. I will do everything to find out where he will be playing.
Question: Is it within her rights to NOT tell me where the boy will be playing? I am a co-conservator and share legal custody of my son.

Last edited:

mjpull

She can ask, but you don't have to listen. Tell her you have EVERY right to come to his games. Call the league and find out who the coach is and get a schedule from him and give him your phone number so he can call you if there are any changes.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Nah, she can't keep you from attending. But she doesn't have to make it easy for you, either. Do what mj suggested.

stealth2 said:
Nah, she can't keep you from attending. But she doesn't have to make it easy for you, either. Do what mj suggested.
No, I know she can't keep me from going but is it leagal for her to keep the information about his game/league from me?

mj's idea is fine, only thing here is that she said that her husband was going to try and coach the team, so getting a schedule from the 'coach' might prove to be a bit much. Also, it is here in Houston so trying to find out where he is going to play is going to be difficult.

Last edited:

mjpull

You might have to just deal with the league. They should be able to give you all that info without having to deal with the ex

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">