• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can she take him back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Still doesn't change the fact that I don't have the money to pay for one. I know I need one. But that doesn't make it a possibility if I can't pay for one. :(
See if you can at least get a consult with one, and maybe even have them draw up the paperwork but not represent you in court.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
See if there is a law school within driving distance with legal clinics - many do, so their students can get some experience.

HRZ

so it's clearly a FL matter...this time use counsel,...and get counsel aboard BEFORE Mom takes any further steps to recover child. ...I don't know how to solve the cost issue ...long shot ..IF CPS removes the child from harms way and places him with you ..if that's consistent with CPS

HRZ

I simply don't know how CPS works in FL or the options to seek a court appointed advocate / guardian for the child ...but in your very limited financial circumstances I'd be checking under every possible rock about obtaining advocacy for what is best for child.

Based on your post about Moms manipulation of stories ...the child is not served well if Mom can appear and claim redemption of her ways and BF is long gone. ( when it may be he left two days ago and will return in two days )...somebody needs to be in child's corner ! ( I know the local system provides court appointed advocates for children with special education or criminal justice system needs around me ..but I'm not n FL nor is this a special education matter.) CPS might be best option in your book....especially IF placement with you is in childs best interest and you are now a FL resident

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">