• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can she take us to court over the net?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rickscitygirl

What is the name of your state? KY

My husbands ex wife works at a daycare. As a joke we signed her up on the net for a weight loss website. They called her at the daycare about how much weight she would like to lose, and she asked how they got the number etc because she knew she didnt sign up for this, they told her by my email and when I spoke w/ her yesterday concerning other things, she brought up the fact that she was taking "papers" to the county attorney and that the judge would decide what would be done. She has said this before to others who sent her email she didnt like and nothing was done she was blowing smoke. Can she take us to court over something like this? People set up emails all the time in others name, I could deny sending it, deny that being "my email" because I actually have 3 others...any suggestions?

ALawyer

What you did is not just a joke -- any more than the Watergate break in was just a political trick -- it is clearly illegal conduct and violates several state and Federal laws.

If the DA wants to prosecute, and can prove what you have admitted, you can be convicted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">