• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can somebody help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MysticalDragon

I live in Racine Wisconsin and i have a question. I live with my mom and my little sister who is 11 years old and our landlord gave us a written notice to leave the premises for the reason of rent being paid late. We have paid our rent late on some occasions but not real late and have always paid the late fee specified by them in the agreement. We dont owe any back rent at all. We have been trying to find a new place to live but we are having trouble because many places here wont rent in the winter time and many places do a credit check before renting and my mom doesnt have the best credit. My question is will they have the right to make us leave with no where to live without having to go through the court system first for formal eviction and for the fact of it being the winter time here and my mom has a little child living with her? Im not positive about wisconsin state laws on that issue. Plus do they have the right to come to us and tell us we arent doing anything about finding a new place to live? They said they havent received any referance calls on us so we are sitting around and arent trying to find a new place and our prior arangements with family get togethers arent as important as trying to find a place to live and we shouldnt have gone to them and should have been out looking for a new place to live instead of going to our family arangements. Any help with these topics will be very helpful. Thank you

HomeGuru

L needs a court order to evict you. Read your State Statutes to learn your rights. Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 704- LandlordTenant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">