• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can someone advise me, please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fatgirlthin

What is the name of your state? london, england.
my dad passed away in september and didnt name me in his will. I now have found out that he had two life insurances that where left to his ex-partner.they have been separated and living apart for over three years now(she left him) but i found out that my dad had told his ex-partner that she was to give me half of each policy, there is a witness to this(it was him who told me). she did give me a very small amount and she said that this was half of what was left but my dads closest friend has said she is fibbing and that the policys were for much more. I asked her for copys of the policys but she said she doesnt have them. can anybody tell me if theres anything I can do. many thanks & sorry its such a long post.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? london, england.
my dad passed away in september and didnt name me in his will. I now have found out that he had two life insurances that where left to his ex-partner.they have been separated and living apart for over three years now(she left him) but i found out that my dad had told his ex-partner that she was to give me half of each policy, there is a witness to this(it was him who told me). she did give me a very small amount and she said that this was half of what was left but my dads closest friend has said she is fibbing and that the policys were for much more. I asked her for copys of the policys but she said she doesnt have them. can anybody tell me if theres anything I can do. many thanks & sorry its such a long post.
US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

Dandy Don

Nothing you can do since there is nothing in writing showing his intent. He probably didn't know it but he could have named co-beneficiaries on the policy, YOU AND the other party, but this is a mistake that happens often. Sorry.

moburkes

Nothing you can do since there is nothing in writing showing his intent. He probably didn't know it but he could have named co-beneficiaries on the policy, YOU AND the other party, but this is a mistake that happens often. Sorry.
You know for sure that you are correct with English law?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">