• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone confirm the authenticity of this article?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeenafredo

Here I am submitting a very informative article about famous copyright cases in USPTO but I am not sure if this article is based on truth.

[article linked to lawfirm]

PayrollHRGuy

While I think you may be spaming for the site you linked to...

You could follow the links in the article and/or Google the case names to see if they are real.

I wonder why you ask though?

Jeenafredo

While I think you may be spaming for the site you linked to...

You could follow the links in the article and/or Google the case names to see if they are real.

I wonder why you ask though?
I am very new in my business and find some difficulty in copyright issue of my product so I have submitted this here because this looks like a relevant law forum actually I want to hire some attorney for my case.

quincy

I am very new in my business and find some difficulty in copyright issue of my product so I have submitted this here because this looks like a relevant law forum actually I want to hire some attorney for my case.
What is the name of your state?

I did not see your original post so I cannot comment on it yet but I can tell you that, while we can answer most legal questions and offer legal information on this forum, we are not able to offer attorney referrals. For an attorney’s personal review of your specific legal issues, you will need to seek out an attorney licensed to practice in your own jurisdiction. You can do this by going to your State’s Bar website.

What sort of product do you have? What are your questions about it?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This site does not give referrals. You should try your state's BAR association.

quincy

The article you linked to in your original post allows you to access the actual copyright cases being discussed so I don’t know why you think they might not be authentic.

The summaries of the cases and the opinions offered in the article are those of the attorney who published the article, however.

And, again, USPTO stands for United States Patent and Trademark Office. The US Copyright Office handles copyrights.

The link in your original post is a commercial link which advertises a lawyer and a law firm. These types of links are prohibited on this forum.

Last edited:

Jeenafredo

The article you linked to in your original post allows you to access the actual copyright cases being discussed so I don’t know why you think they might not be authentic.

The summaries of the cases and the opinions offered in the article are those of the attorney who published the article, however.

And, again, USPTO stands for United States Patent and Trademark Office. The US Copyright Office handles copyrights.

The link in your original post is a commercial link which advertises a lawyer and a law firm. These types of links are prohibited on this forum.
Ok I got it, thanks for your reply

quincy

Ok I got it, thanks for your reply
You’re welcome, Jeenafredo. I appreciate the thanks.

You are smart, by the way, to check out the sources of the information you find online. There is a lot of garbage published on the internet. It, too, can be important to learn the potential biases authors of information might have that can skew the facts of what is presented.

You are also smart to find legal assistance at the start of your business so you can work toward avoiding legal problems in the future.

Good luck with your product and your business.

Mass_Shyster

The article you originally linked to appeared to be summaries of three different court cases. Two were United States Supreme Court cases, and one appeared to be a District Court case.

There were citations given for the two Supreme Court Cases:
Rimini Street v. Oracle (139 S. Ct. 873) and Fourth Estate v. Wall-Street.com (139 S. Ct. 881). The numbers in parentheses are the citations. . You can either look them up with the citation using google scholar or some other legal search engine. Go to google scholar, click on Case Law, and type in the citation. This will bring up the full text of the decisions by the Supreme Court.

The third citation appears to have been a District Court case. If you search google scholar for "Christian Charles v. Jerry Seinfeld", you can find the decision. (Note, the citation from September has the decision, the citation from November has an order - you probably want the decision)

Go ahead and read the full decisions and you can make up your own mind if the article is "based on truth"

quincy

The article actually provided direct links to the cases. The cases are authentic. The lawyer who was using the cases as a way to advertise his firm added his own analyses, however. And the Seinfeld case was dismissed.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">