• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone rejoin military after court-martial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

j_lynn

What is the name of your state? IL
A friend was court martialed a couple years ago, and received final discharge papers this week. As it was in appeal, he hoped that the discharge at least would be reversed.
He has 10 years in and is desperately missing the military life. He is one of the people that doesn't do the best when not in the military?

If he can't rejoin, he has been working in a job, but now if he wants to apply for a new job, how badly will a BCD look? He has excellent work references, even from supervisors he had in the military.
Thanks,
Lynn

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

j_lynn said:
What is the name of your state? IL
A friend was court martialed a couple years ago, and received final discharge papers this week. As it was in appeal, he hoped that the discharge at least would be reversed.
He has 10 years in and is desperately missing the military life. He is one of the people that doesn't do the best when not in the military?

If he can't rejoin, he has been working in a job, but now if he wants to apply for a new job, how badly will a BCD look? He has excellent work references, even from supervisors he had in the military.
Thanks,
Lynn

My response:

You said, "He is one of the people that doesn't do the best when not in the military". Oh, but being court martialed while IN the military, he's just doing a "bang up" job.

If being court martialed is "doing better" than being on the "outside", perhaps the military will take him back

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Klord

I don’t give high marks to the military when it comes to the law and persons rights in the USA. As we can see in the recent media coverage.... they assume that they are above the law just because they are military. In some cases, they get caught and try to assume an attitude of political correctness to shake responsibility.

A corrupt military commander can very easily retire from service with loads of dirty laundry consisting of folks that he/she screwed over out of active duty just for the sake of political popularity despite their innocence and good will.

Check out… http://www.militarycorruption.com/
My previous commanding officer is listed there at least twice.

There is hope for you. Just not here. Too many ears and eyes are watching with anticipation of a fairy tale outcome.

FTN!

J

j_lynn

Grow Up!

To IAA?
Considering that you do not know my friend's case and his exemplarary record, I DID NOT ask for you to make a judgement, I only asked a question! A yes/no answer would have been far more appropriate than your response!

I wanted someone who actually knew and had served in the military to give the appropriate anser,

Last edited by a moderator:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

j_lynn said:
To IAA?
Considering that you do not know my friend's case and his exemplarary record, I DID NOT ask for you to make a judgement, I only asked a question! A yes/no answer would have been far more appropriate than your **$!#%^ response!

I wanted someone who actually knew and had served in the military to give the appropriate anser, not some yahoo who thinks they know everything and knows nothing!

My response:

Yeah, right. A "yahoo" attorney in Los Angeles! Sorry, but "Yahoos" come from your neck of the woods. We, here in Los Angeles, are extremely smart and would never have asked such a stupid question. You see, we're educated "to the teeth" out here.

I also LOVE this statement of yours, "my friend's case and his exemplarary record." Exemplary? You call being court martialed "exemplary"? Do you EVEN know the meaning of that word?

What a stupid idiot you are. Are you missing some genes? You're obviously a "transplant" from someplace like Arkansas or the bayous of Georgia - - a real Dufus!

Do you know the date that you actually turned into a "Dimwit"? I'll bet you do.

IAAL

Last edited:
J

j_lynn

You guys just don't get it do you!

Do you guys watch the news where they let men out of prison because they were wrongfully convicted? Have you seen the stories where someone has ACTUALLY been framed?
It happens and it is out there. My friend has an exemplary record! Everytime he went up for eval's it was for an early promote. This guy would break his back for his command. He would fulfill his duties and help out were they were short handed. He would give 200% even when the job caused a broken wrist. His command would having him do jobs that were no where within what he was supposed to be doing. He was an excellent leader and follower, but he was too good a follower. He followed the orders of 2 men in his direct command. The orders were on paper. The orders made sense. He followed through. He made purchases that were required for his unit to run at top form. Then he made an enemy of someone not in his direct command. He ran an informal audit and "found" unathorized purchases.
My friend spoke with security, he spoke with JAG, he was not given a lawyer, he was not given advice, we did everything he could to prove his innocence. The 2 people were never investigated, even though their name was on everything. Security found the scapegoat, someone so they didn't have to look further. There was corruption in my friend's unit, just not by him. During the court matial, he was told to plead 'no contest' by his lawyers, he did what he was told, he had no opportunity to get a second opinion. The jury asked outright were the investigation stood in relation to the other 2 people and what there punishment was. The judge had to tell them, there was no investigation.
I stood by him because I knew he spoke the truth, I knew what was going on and no one would look into it. The person who "authorized" the investigation would not let it be looked into any further.
Any ways the issue is now moot. The 2 people-God knows what happened and they will get the final punishment. My friend, I stood by at work and everyday at the court matial.
2 years after the court martial he received his final discharge papers. The judge had went to bat for him. The JUDGE filed a report in my friend's defense when it went to appeal.
All I needed to know was that a R1 would allow a re-enlist and an R4 would not.
The military lost one of it's best and hardest workers. It also hurt an innocent person, who thought he was following legal orders.
If you are in the military. How many standing orders are you aware of? Looking into it is not fair. How many do you know off the top of your head?

Sadly seeing what the military is turning into, and its not pretty!

Last edited:
J

j_lynn

Court martial

Didn't say he was an angel. Just said you don't always know the whole story, nor do most people often see or hear the whole/real story and shouldn't judge.

M

Meursault

He was court martialed. Case Closed. Even without a courts marshal he can be discharged for 'the good of the service'.

Which means, he either needs to start subscribing to 'Soldier of Fortune' or get a job. His Military career is over. Finito, done.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

j_lynn said:
Didn't say he was an angel. Just said you don't always know the whole story, nor do most people often see or hear the whole/real story and shouldn't judge.

My response:

Oh, please . . .

I don't need the "whole story", lady! I don't care, nor does it matter, that he may have had a terrible youth, or whatever, that you believe brought him to this point.

The bottom line is that he was kicked out of the military, and he's a malcontent in civilian life. Really, what "more" did you think anyone needs to know that would change who he is, and our opinions of him?

Geez, "know the whole story" has got to be one of the stupidest statements!

IAAL

G

gbezefromnapeze

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
We, here in Los Angeles, are extremely smart and would never have asked such a stupid question. You see, we're educated "to the teeth" out here.
Yeah, Californians must be pretty smart to elect Arnold Schwarzenegger governor. How would he put it, "The people of California are the real last action heroes!" LMAO

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gbezefromnapeze said:
Yeah, Californians must be pretty smart to elect Arnold Schwarzenegger governor. How would he put it, "The people of California are the real last action heroes!" LMAO

My response:

That's the best you can do?

What an idiot.

Arnold is bringing California back. He's working out just fine.

But, this thread has nothing to do with Arnold, or California. It has to do with your criminal misfit "friend".

Can you address that issue?

Probably not. You can't get around his Court Martial or the fact that he can't get along "on the outside".

Pity poor fool that you are!

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)My friend spoke with security, he spoke with JAG, he was not given a lawyer, he was not given advice, we did everything he could to prove his innocence. (QUOTE)

Sorry, but you are wrong and obviously do not have the truth.

(1) Security can't help him

(2) He was definetly appointed "Area Defence Council", FREE. He also had the option of retaining a civilian attorney to represent him, that is also allowed.

He was definetly given an attorney and advice, it sounds like he declined it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">