• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can someone wreck your credit for a claim but not proven dept???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leblais

What is the name of your state?CT

I asked a lot of questions on here about 2 months ago or so and everyone told me to write to the creditor.

Here is the story in short..

I sold a car amplifier on ebey and shipped it to him late. He got it and told me that it worked fine,then it broke. Said that he wanted half his money back. I of course said no. Then a few days later i get a message from ebay saying that the guy never recieved his amp but that it was past there grace period where they do anything and that they would watch to see if i mess up again (i guess to see if im a fraud)

Well obviously I thought it was over, he vented to the company which basically told him that if it was a true claim, then why did you wait after the alloted ttime to complain!! True and simple enough.

Welll he called my house many times, which im seldom home (or was) and they stopped... Or so I thought.

About \a month went by then some "small company" called me and said I needed to call them back to pay back some "debt" i owed. I wasnt home and didnt call back as the next message he said it was owed to the guy who bough the amp. well I thought it was over guess not...

I looked up the "small company" on the internet, both the phone number and the company name and couldnt find it, so i assumed he was strong arming me.. The calls came in for months and started to piss me off so i came on here. This forum encouraged me to contact him. Well i did..

Telling him to produce legal validation of his claim of debt. and i asked that he only copntact me by mail. Well I received another letter, with no validation and it said that I was fraudulant and that he had reported me to the credit bureau... And the calls kept coming too...

My questions are: what can I do?
Can he really report me to the bureau for something that isnt a proven debt?

I plan to send him a letter stating that he is to sever all contacts at the cost of harassment, that he should discontinue using me in connection with slanderous terms and that if he did indeed file this with the bureau then I intend to sue for any damages. I have kept all the telephone messages he sent and the letters...

THIS IS MESSED UP...

Ohh and since then, it seems that the company has changed to a new one, but the same guy is employed there.... FUnny thing is I DID find the new company name listed on the internet in connection to the name of the guy and the phone number, so now it seems to be legitimate!!???

thanx for all the help, and sorry the story is too long..

Tony

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">