• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the opposing party's attorney sue me for cursing at him/her ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 696880
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
The attorney is not just "doing his job", he is threatening with all kinds of actions and being purposely provocative, which is not necessary.
Anyway, thank you for your advice !
My ex at one point had a lawyer who would "fight the good fight, whether or not it needed to be fought". The lawyer was rather notorious for that; it was his style. I figured it out when the lawyer gave an emotional speech about the cruelty of the no contact order against his client, and how his client wouldn't be able to go to our child's little league games... Um, the kid was 2, and my ex has 0 interest in anything baseball, doesn't understand it one wit.

The way to deal with someone like that is to be so calm that "butter won't melt in your mouth" and not feed the drama.

Great idea, thanks ! I will keep that in mind ! Thank you for the constructive, courteous & polite advice/input. And thank you for being so friendly, I can tell you fit right in the category of attorneys I was just referring to. Your input is extremely helpful. The sarcasm is really appropriate.
By the you misspelled "visitation"
Dude, I'm the obvious observer, not a lawyer.

And yes, my sarcasm was quite appropriate. You are focused on whether something is "legal" ignoring the fact that it's "legally admissible".

Just Blue

Great idea, thanks ! I will keep that in mind ! Thank you for the constructive, courteous & polite advice/input. And thank you for being so friendly, I can tell you fit right in the category of attorneys I was just referring to. Your input is extremely helpful. The sarcasm is really appropriate.
By the you misspelled "visitation"
sigh...

This site is a valuable resource for pro se litigants. Why don't you drop the crappy attitude and tell us what is happening with your case...We very likely can assist you with it.

PayrollHRGuy

sigh...

This site is a valuable resource for pro se litigants. Why don't you drop the crappy attitude and tell us what is happening with your case...We very likely can assist you with it.
He's got it handled. He is filing a nonsuit and the case will be closed in a few days.

PayrollHRGuy

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Can this attorney sue me for telling him to F*** off ?
He could file suit, but he would ultimately lose. Insulting the lawyer in that fashion won't itself cause you to lose your case. The judge is going to rule on the merits of the case, and a single insult to the opposing lawyer doesn't really affect that. However, it may certainly make things even more difficult for you going forward. Don't let the lawyer know he got to you. Don't give the lawyer even more reasons to refuse to cooperate with you. Don't give the lawyer anything that can be used as ammunition against you later.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I did google it. I had not heard of it before either.

Nonsuit. A broad term for any of several ways to terminate a legal action without an actual determination of the controversy on the merits. For instance, a judgment of nonsuit may be granted against a plaintiff who either fails to pursue, or abandons, the action.
Non-suit legal definition of Non-suit
https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Non-suit
And here I thought it was a portmanteau of "nonsense" and "lawsuit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">