• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can they do that?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?florida

When discussing potential visitation and discussing health problems w/ our son who is due any day now, my ex's parents listen on the other line and throw in their 2 cents including "who cares, hang up on her" and honestly this drives me crazy and makes it impossible to have a civil conversation w/ him. Are they considered a third party and is there anything i can do about this?

Gracie3787

newmommy20 said:
What is the name of your state?florida

When discussing potential visitation and discussing health problems w/ our son who is due any day now, my ex's parents listen on the other line and throw in their 2 cents including "who cares, hang up on her" and honestly this drives me crazy and makes it impossible to have a civil conversation w/ him. Are they considered a third party and is there anything i can do about this?
They have no legal rights at all. At this point, all you can do is ask your ex to keep them out of your conversations. There isn't much else you can do, except ignore them.

Gracie3787 said:
They have no legal rights at all. At this point, all you can do is ask your ex to keep them out of your conversations. There isn't much else you can do, except ignore them.

im seeing a mediator for the first time tomorow idk if he will do mediation but is there anything i should ask for to stop this when the baby is born? they constantly interfere and i dont feel this is healthy for our son. is there an order that can be made to keep them out of our business or is it at my ex's discreation or lack there of. I have asked him to keep his parents out of this and basicaly at 24 he has become their pupet so i dont expect any cooperation eventhough im making an attempt at mediation.

Last edited:

Gracie3787

newmommy20 said:
im seeing a mediator for the first time tomorow idk if he will do mediation but is there anything i should ask for to stop this when the baby is born? they constantly interfere and i dont feel this is healthy for our son. is there an order that can be made to keep them out of our business or is it at my ex's discreation or lack there of. I have asked him to keep his parents out of this and basicaly at 24 he has become their pupet so i dont expect any cooperation eventhough im making an attempt at mediation.
When the visitation order is issued, you can ask that it specify that the parents are not to be involved in conversations between the parents. Other than that, or a restraining order, there isn't much else you can do.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You may want to provide the link - no one wants to go through your entire thread count trying to figure out WHICH post you mean.

StarsMoon

my hubby also has 3rd party inf too. Positive side is he has custody of the child. But he still has to deal with the ex and her parents. They like to fight their 30 yr old daughter's wars. It's not our fault that she can't follow her phone visits. Like calling when she should- then her mom wants to get on the phone and call all the shots.... ain't happening...
Good luck with this one.... but you don't have to deal with them..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">