• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dougnddeb

I signed on with a temporary agency to go to work for a fortune 500 company. I had to go through a one week training class for electronics during which they said I would not get paid for that week of training until I started with the comapany and worked for one week. Can they do this?

Thanks,

Doug Naumann

A

Alice A

Is the week of classes a testing period? An educational experience? A remedial education? Is it something like "we're you and send you to a school. If you get an A grade we'll hire you and pay you for that week as a sign-on bonus. If we don't hire you we'll have given you a week of great education, that you can use to advance yourself, and it will have been tuition free."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">