• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they take me back to court on a connected charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. Law) Washington. If I was charged with a mip, and trespassing in a public park after hours, almost 1 year ago (I'm 15 years old), and I was called in for a mitigation hearing for the ticket, and the judge said she wanted to wait and see if the juvenile court system contacted me because they were connected charges, (which they did not contact me about) so I went back for my second mitigation hearing and she asked if the juvenile court system had contacted me, I told her no, and she lowered my originally 500$ ticket to 79$, which I paid on the spot. Now, months later, I am getting a diversion letter in the mail telling me I have the choice to enter the diversion program or take it to court. My question is, since I went to a hearing for a connected charge already, and payed my ticket, is it legal for them to take me back to court for the mip? The judge made it seem as if they were not going to follow up on that, but she didn't directly state it.:confused:


Senior Member
It's fairly obvious they can. This is an issue you and your parents may want to discuss with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential