• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can this be happening?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

verytired

What is the name of your state? FL. I hope this isn't to long. 19 years ago, my husband had a judjement that his attorney told him to forget and put everything in my name. Since then, we have. We bought an older house on a lake, after selling our other one, and spent over $70,000 remodeling. We got an equity loan to pay off all the credit cards but now I owe $171,000 on the house. I own a business, in my name, and have used $60,000 of the business line of credit to promote and try to save my failing internet venture. I have two vhicles, one was used by my husband for the other company, in my name also, and his motorcycle. All have a lien for a $41,000 loan from a friend. I am in debt almost $100,000 on 7 credit cards and have been living from card to card. Business was excellent but now we are legaly seperated and I can't run the other business. The other company is registered as S*******P***/DBA/myname. I am going to have to file bankruptcy and let the mortgage company have the house and contents but will I also have to give up the company that will make some money? The business line was aginst that company, but the only thing I have for them to take is some computer equipment. Will I have to give up that business license also? This has all occured in the past 5 years. Everything was fine and money was coming in but then it all fell apart.
Any advice?
Thanks in advance,
VeryTired

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">