• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can we be sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gpmclm

we live in pa. and our home is on a busy street with a corner. we have had 8 people drive into our yard causing damage, and than they drive away. we can turn into our homeowners for repairs but we want to put several large rocks with reflectors on them to prevent this from continueling happening. i am concerned about a driver getting injured because they drove off the roadway and 10 feet into our yard before hitting the rocks. i have heard that they can sue us for damages.

ALawyer

I'd consult the local planning and zoning department. Putting rocks in to protect yourself from the next round of bad drivers who might crash into your home, or injure persons on your lawn, sounds reasonable, to me but who knows? There are risks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">