• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we fight the City?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeffngail1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
OK- I posted this under "Discrimination" wondering if it would be considered so, however, I think it may fit better here.

The Small city park used to have a "first come, first serve" policy for the use of their baseball field. ( Small town, the field is not in high demand) For the last couple of months the field has been locked and only used by one select baseball team. We asked the city if we could use the field for our baseball team to practice on, and were told that it is not available for "just anyone" to use and we needed to speak w/ the "director" of parks and recreation. This "director" just happens to be the parent of a player and also the assistant coach of said "select" team. Long Story Short- he will not let the other teams, or anyone else use it. It sits completely empty and locked while kids play in the field next to it and the walkers who go around the park have to dodge oncoming balls. The "Select" Team has a key to the lock and uses it as they please. oh, did I mention the "Select" team is based out of another city, not ieven in our school district! There HAS to be something we can do. Not that it is a HUGE deal not to play on the field....simply for the fact that people w/ a small amount of power and act as though they are better than everyone else completely annoy me and need to be taught not to abuse their powers!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">