• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we still file a claim or is it too late?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

He wasn’t injured outside of work.
There was two witnesses to what happened.
Employer will be no help in any of this.
Not wanting to file just because he is a jerk. My husband has pain when using his left hand, not always but often, and it makes it hard for him to grip things. We aren’t trying to scam anyone, we feel that there should be some kind of compensation for the injury.
Yes our insurance covered the medical, but what about any future issues because of it? Surgery, physical therapy and the like.
Yes we are contacting an agency official.
Yes we know it’s illegal to be fired because of an injury, but it still happens and employers can get away with, and when you’re just barely making ends meet the loss of any income can be devastating.

quincy

He wasn’t injured outside of work.
There was two witnesses to what happened.
Employer will be no help in any of this.
Not wanting to file just because he is a jerk. My husband has pain when using his left hand, not always but often, and it makes it hard for him to grip things. We aren’t trying to scam anyone, we feel that there should be some kind of compensation for the injury.
Yes our insurance covered the medical, but what about any future issues because of it? Surgery, physical therapy and the like.
Yes we are contacting an agency official.
Yes we know it’s illegal to be fired because of an injury, but it still happens and employers can get away with, and when you’re just barely making ends meet the loss of any income can be devastating.
Well, your husband still has time to file, so that’s a plus. You should gather together all medical reports and receipts and it might be smart to get the witnesses to the accident on written record (if possible, and just in case).

It could very well turn out like what “Bali Hai Again” described and the claim will go through without issue.

Good luck.

Well, your husband still has time to file, so that’s a plus. You should gather together all medical reports and receipts and it might be smart to get the witnesses to the accident on written record (if possible, and just in case).

It could very well turn out like what “Bali Hai Again” described and the claim will go through without issue.

Good luck.
Thank you Quincey for your help and advice.
I appreciate all of you for taking the time to answer questions and give advice, even when I don’t like what I’m told, I still appreciate you all for it.
Thank you

commentator

Please do not think we were being mean. If we're asking these questions, saying this stuff, you can bet you'll be hearing it from the agency and the company and everyone else involved, probably in less nice ways. So listen, don't fight, be prepared for it, get your evidences in line, and do not be defensive or get angry. Good luck to you, I hope this goes well, and that your husband gets this taken care of soon.

quincy

Thank you Quincey for your help and advice.
I appreciate all of you for taking the time to answer questions and give advice, even when I don’t like what I’m told, I still appreciate you all for it.
Thank you
Thank you, ibnatasha2u. It means a lot to all of us on the forum to be appreciated, even when what we say is not exactly what you hoped to hear.

If you have time in the future to give us an update on your husband’s claim, we always like to hear how things turn out.

Good luck.

I'm not a legal expert, but typically, filing a workers' compensation claim should be done promptly after a work-related injury. The delay and not reporting it initially as a work-related injury may complicate the process. It's advisable to consult with a workers' compensation attorney or your state's labor department for guidance on your specific situation.

quincy

I'm not a legal expert, but typically, filing a workers' compensation claim should be done promptly after a work-related injury. The delay and not reporting it initially as a work-related injury may complicate the process. It's advisable to consult with a workers' compensation attorney or your state's labor department for guidance on your specific situation.
That was all said a month ago. Please look at posting dates before responding to a thread, and then read what has already discussed. Reviving an old thread to repeat what has been said by others benefits no one.

civeni

OK...so your insurance paid all the bills. Correct? Did you have any out-of-pocket expenses? If so, how much were those expenses?

Of course he can file. Here's the problem he may have: He's going to claim that the nine month old injury was work-related, and someone, at some point, will ask why he waited nine months to make the claim. He will, presumably, respond that he was concerned that making the claim would endanger his job Antioch IL workers comp lawyer. However, because it is well known that it is illegal to fire an employee for making a WC claim, his story may not be believed. Someone might even find your post and learn that the only motivation for making the claim is retaliation That's another ding on your husband's credibility. And, if, as you appear to have indicated, your insurance covered the medical expenses, what does he stand to gain? By the way, if your husband's medical insurer gets wind of the fact that he failed to inform the insurer that the injury was work-related, the insurer isn't going to be happy about that since the insurer would be entitled to subrogation from the employer's WC carrier.
Hello. Are there any workers comp lawyers or people that deal with workers comp. I have a few questions for one. Pm me if you don’t mind.

quincy

Hello. Are there any workers comp lawyers or people that deal with workers comp. I have a few questions for one. Pm me if you don’t mind.
Any legal questions and concerns you have are handled in threads posted to the forum and are not responded to through private messages.

Please re-read the terms and conditions of use for this site so you better understand who may be responding to your questions. Not everyone on this forum is a lawyer. In fact, the majority of forum members are not lawyers.

Last edited:

quincy

Im thinking about getting in touch with an accident lawyer after an accident at work. My question is, how will making this claim affect my worklife? Can I kiss and potential promotion goodbye if I go for it?

I work for a large company, however I am only one of about a dozen office based staff, and I work with the managers daily. Has anybody had any experience in simialr circumstances?
Please start your own thread and be sure to include the name of your state, civeni.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">