• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we Sue Insurance Co?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My husband got a personal loan through a bank in Oct. 2001 before we were married so I'm not on the loan. He used a car for collateral. (note the car no longer works but we still have it). In June of 2002 he had a diving accident in which he broke his neck in five places. We IMMEDIATELY contacted the bank to find out for sure about his disability insurance. Finially they got it straightened out and since then we receive a paper from the insurance company every 30 days to fill out. For the first several months we had to have a doctor sign also. He had three doctors, a neurosurgeon, a rehab doctor and a family doctor. The only one that would sign the paper was the neurosurgeon but even the last time he was reluctant because my husband was technically no longer a patient of his for he had released him. For the last several months we haven't had to fill out the doctor portion. However, this month they want it again. The only doctor he now has is his family doctor who only does blood work quarterly and who fills his meds when needed. He started receiving SSD in May. The insurance company says they WILL NOT take a copy of his SSD papers to prove he's disabled and will ONLY take a lisenced professional to sign them. If none of his doctors can or will what can we do? The family doctor stated before he wouldn't because he came into the situation way after the fact. If the Federal Government has declared him disabled how can the insurance company not accept that? Can we then sue the insurance company to get it paid? The bank is continually harrassing us about it and sending us papers that the loan is late when in fact we have all the paperwork in on time and the insurance company says it's paid. What can we do?
Sorry this is so long.... TIA

A

advicesucks

you do know that "stayin home and lovin it" is a MLM scam right?

A

advicesucks

you can "love" their products, but its still an MLM scam and not a way to earn a living. Same as Shaklee, Amway, Quixtar, etc.

Big hint: any time you are encouraged to sell to friends/family, guess what??? Its a scam! But I dont expect you to believe that, since you are one of the people who fell for their sales pitch.
Please note: I have nothing against you or the company, my post was only to alert people not to fall into MLM traps, and to provide some sound financial advice. Besides, I think advertising is not permitted in this forum.

If you would like to share exactly how much you have spent on the products in total vs. how much you "earned" in total, I would be willing to reconsider my statement... However, Im certain that if you perform those calculations, it will become immediately apparent this is not a viable way for anyone to earn money except those on the "top" of the pyramid scheme.

tigger22472

advicesucks said:
you can "love" their products, but its still an MLM scam and not a way to earn a living. Same as Shaklee, Amway, Quixtar, etc.

Big hint: any time you are encouraged to sell to friends/family, guess what??? Its a scam! But I dont expect you to believe that, since you are one of the people who fell for their sales pitch.
Please note: I have nothing against you or the company, my post was only to alert people not to fall into MLM traps, and to provide some sound financial advice. Besides, I think advertising is not permitted in this forum.

If you would like to share exactly how much you have spent on the products in total vs. how much you "earned" in total, I would be willing to reconsider my statement... However, Im certain that if you perform those calculations, it will become immediately apparent this is not a viable way for anyone to earn money except those on the "top" of the pyramid scheme.
I'll be honest and say that I haven't really even got my company going yet, I'm waiting until the first of the year to start working at it. HOWEVER, we do not hound friends and family. It's technically against their policy. Everything we do is on the internet and the telephone. We dont' call people. We post ads and people contact US if they are interested and they are not hounded if they say no. As far as how much I've spent I have honestly spent NO more money for their products then I would at the store buying cleaning and health products, and sometimes less and their products work better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">