• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can You Amend a Divorce to a Legal Separation in California?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have a pending divorce proceeding in a California county family court. I want to amend the divorce to a legal separation. What steps do I need to follow? Thanks for your suggestions.
Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential