• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you bring your cell phone to the 48 hour IDRC program in NJ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PSU77

New Jersey

Does anybody know if you can have your cell phone on you while serving the 48 hour court mandated intoxicated driver resource center (IDRC) in New Jersey? I am supposed to be bringing my friend to and from the facility (dropping off friday, picking up sunday), but I live in Easton PA. I need to be able to communicate with him as to when he is released.

Also: for his peace of mind, does anyone know of what the rules are? What can and can't you take with you?(books, snacks, and he uses chewing tobacco etc..) Is it a jail? Are they civil with you? This is all news to me and I am just looking out for the poor guy. He s the only surviving member of his family hence why I m going to be taking him. Just want to ease him a bit when I drive him over.

Thanks so much

FlyingRon

He should call the one he's attending and ask, they are all relatively independent operations and likely have different rules.

justalayman

so given he is required to spend 48 hours I believe that would mean this is a second offense. That is apparently when they require a 48 hour continuous stay. If not, I would verify he is staying there for 48 hours continuously since the first offender programs appear to be day school 6 hours at a shot.

I found reference that he must pay money. Make sure he has any money required with him.

If New Jersey is anything like most states, tobacco is not going to be allowed...period. Most states do not allow tobacco on state property. If true he may ask about use of nicotine gum or patches (although I suspect they would not be allowed either).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">