• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you get charged with the same crime after getting a post conviction collateral relief motion passed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babybball52

of your state? Pennsylvania

Can you get charged with the same crime after getting a post conviction collateral relief motion passed
My sons father precious case was dropped and he was released from jail after this motion was filed. Now they are trying to charge him again even though the motion states his constitutional rights were violated and he isnt subjected to register

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

My sons father precious case was dropped and he was released from jail after this motion was filed. Now they are trying to charge him again even though the motion states his constitutional rights were violated and he isnt subjected to register
That's a great question for him to ask his attorney.

Just Blue

Do you really think it's wise to blap about your husbands criminal case on the internet? How can that possibly help him?

quincy

There should be a hearing on the motion. A post-conviction collateral relief motion is an appeal and if the motion is granted, the previous conviction or sentence can be vacated for a new trial or sentence.

Last edited:

babybball52

Thank
There should be a hearing on the motion. A post-conviction collateral relief motion is an appeal and if the motion is granted, the previous conviction or sentence can be vacated for a new trial or sentence.
So after his release based on the motion's approval he needs another hearing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">