• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can you kick out kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Boombox10

What is the name of your state? CT

I have a sister and my parents want to kick her out, but they can't becasue she is not 18 and if they do she can press charges. I want to know if there is anyway they can kick her out and not have her press charges.

She has stollen from all of us in the house and she has to take meds that she doesn't. i don't know if that will help at all. :mad:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Boombox10 said:
What is the name of your state? CT

I have a sister and my parents want to kick her out, but they can't becasue she is not 18 and if they do she can press charges. I want to know if there is anyway they can kick her out and not have her press charges.

She has stollen from all of us in the house and she has to take meds that she doesn't. i don't know if that will help at all. :mad:

My response:

Your parents need to file a Petition in the Family Law court to have your sister declared an "incorrigible" minor, and to have the court order her removal.

IAAL

HomeGuru

The Court will adjudicate that she is an IMP (Incorrigible Minor Person)
and remand her to live in a half-wit house.

B

Boombox10

Thank you, but do you know how long it would take because she will be 18 in two weeks and i don't think i can wait that long

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Then you're going to have to wait.

However, on the day after her birthday, pack up all of her stuff in boxes and place them outside. On the box, place this note . . .

"Dear Sister:

You're 18 and an adult. Congratulations!

Since you're an adult, you don't live here anymore. If you attempt to come back in, we'll call the cops to have you arrested for trespass and burglary.

Go find someone else to terrorize!"

Make sure your parents change the locks to the house.

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Boombox10 said:
Thank you, but do you know how long it would take because she will be 18 in two weeks and i don't think i can wait that long
Going to court is going to take a hell of a lot longer than two weeks. I'm sure you can stick it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">