• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Canceled my Policy & kept my Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abradley81

Evansville, Wisconsin

I started a policy for my Motorcycle. I had to pay for 2 months to get started then pay for each month until I want to end my policy for the winter. So I wrote a check for the first 2 months for roughly $100, 2 weeks later I get a letter saying that I do not have a good enough driving record and they are going to cancel my policy April 22 which was only about 3 weeks covered and they won't give me my money.

How can they aprove me, get my money, then later drop me and keep the money. If thats legal couldn't I start my own insurance company and cancel them after I get there check for some dumb reason!

ALawyer

If you lied on the application, such as claiming no accidents, no tickets, etc. you likely cost the insurance company more money to investigate and insure and process you before they cancelled then they got from you.

Ask the state insurance department but you may be a victim of your own misconduct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">