• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

canceling a domestic violence case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brook

I was involved in a fight with my boy friend i hit him several times I had been drinking he pushed me to get away
I fell down and cut my ear. I called 911 they took me to the hospital and him to jail. It was not his fault. I want to drop the case but the solister says it has to go to court
I talked to the arresting officer and he said he would help
but I don't want to go through with this. does any one know how to get out of going to court?
Any help would ease my mind
I live in south carolina

Thanks
Brook

B

brook

Is there anything I can do to help this
Like not go to court or ?

Thanks
Brook

B

brook

only if I have to
I would like to know if there is any other way?

LegalBeagle

brook said:
only if I have to
I would like to know if there is any other way?
Yes there is.. do not turn up. Your friend will probably be discharged and you will be arrested and thrown in jail for contempt.

B

brook

I was hoping there was a way to stop this before going to court. I have not recieved anything that says I have to go
The other guru said that if I wanted to stop and the solister did not he can still be prosecuted. how can this be he was not there?
I don't want to go to court!

T

Tigres

brook said:
I was hoping there was a way to stop this before going to court. I have not recieved anything that says I have to go
The other guru said that if I wanted to stop and the solister did not he can still be prosecuted. how can this be he was not there?
I don't want to go to court!
Read some other posts.

Some people are threatened and pull out from prosecuting.

Some people are foolish and think of the accused instead of the victim. Years of mental and physical abuse can actually make a person think they deserved whatever violence was done against them.

In the eyes of the law, there is evidence that a crime was committed. Unless you go to court and convince them that he was improperly charged, they have a duty to follow through.

Tig

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">