• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cancellation for non-payment despite payment being made

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jody Serey

I received a notice today (12/30) dated 12/27 that my auto insurance was being cancelled as of that day for non-payment of premium. However, the payment had been sent on 12/21, the check posted at the bank on 12/29, and I am now uncertain as to whether I am covered or not. I have had the opinion ventured that because the check was cashed, there is an implied contract. I was unaware that there was any problem, and because of the holidays, my agent neither caught the glitch, nor is in town to answer my questions.

Can anybody venture an educated guess as to whether or not I am currently covered?

I am a resident of Arizona.

Thanks.

[Edited by Jody Serey on 12-30-2000 at 07:25 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Jody Serey said:
I received a notice today (12/30) dated 12/27 that my auto insurance was being cancelled as of that day for non-payment of premium. However, the payment had been sent on 12/21, the check posted at the bank on 12/29, and I am now uncertain as to whether I am covered or not. I have had the opinion ventured that because the check was cashed, there is an implied contract. I was unaware that there was any problem, and because of the holidays, my agent neither caught the glitch, nor is in town to answer my questions.

Can anybody venture an educated guess as to whether or not I am currently covered?

I am a resident of Arizona.

Thanks.

[Edited by Jody Serey on 12-30-2000 at 07:25 PM]

My response:

If the insurance company cashed the check, you're insured.

It was a matter of their notice, and your check, crossing.

You're okay.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">