• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelled airline tickets 5 months ago - haven't received refund yet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheBoo

Where? Louisiana
What? Online airline ticket refund

Hello all. I have an issue that I'm growing impatient with and I'm not sure what my options are. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I booked a flight through an online agency - in May 2019, and everything was good until I had to cancel in June 2019. I was asked by the company to send an email stating that I agree to a refund in the amount of $956.93, which is the total of taxes for the two airline tickets, however it's min-November and I have yet to receive any refund. They insist that they processed my refunds and that it's my problem, however my credit card company (Wells Fargo/American Express) has confirmed several times that they see no pending refunds of the sort on my account. Do I have any legal options to get my money? The only response I get from them is a screen shot of a transaction that isn't the amount of my refund and stating that it is proof that they processed it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Where? Louisiana
What? Online airline ticket refund

Hello all. I have an issue that I'm growing impatient with and I'm not sure what my options are. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I booked a flight through an online agency - in May 2019, and everything was good until I had to cancel in June 2019. I was asked by the company to send an email stating that I agree to a refund in the amount of $956.93, which is the total of taxes for the two airline tickets, however it's min-November and I have yet to receive any refund. They insist that they processed my refunds and that it's my problem, however my credit card company (Wells Fargo/American Express) has confirmed several times that they see no pending refunds of the sort on my account. Do I have any legal options to get my money? The only response I get from them is a screen shot of a transaction that isn't the amount of my refund and stating that it is proof that they processed it.
Your options are likely listed on the terms of service for the website. Review those terms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">