• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelled car insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beat goes on

What is the name of your state? New York I just posted a lengthy message under homeonwers. I believe my insurance was cancelled unjustifiabley. I now have been told I have to go into high risk for 6 months - premium for 6 months will be over $5000. I amnto sure if the cancellation is the agents fault or the insurance company. Jan told I owed $873 for the balance of the premiums for the pyear. I sent the money and suddenly received anothe premium notice. Sent thema letter June 17th. Never heard form them until a cancellation notice. Agent said it was due to not receivinga copy of New Jersey license ( I moved to New York in March) Sent them a copy of NY license again. Called agent four days later to make sure it was taken care of. One minute said all is fine and then told me insurance cancelled due to naon payment. My head was spinning. questions the VP of Ins. co told me he made the decision without reading the letter I had sent in June asking for clarification of premium. Also believe the agent is respionsible because he had toldme in Jan the balance was $873. Now they want to put me in assigned risk because I have been cancelled by insurance company. What recourse do I have.

M

michael parks

First this will teach you a life skills lesson.

NEVER mail anything, if there is a problem do it face to face, not on the phone.

If you had gotten your butt into the agents office, and had given them the money and gotten a reciept back in january, you would have a nice paper trail to defend yourself with.

So you need to make a time line to present the detail....

what date in january did you send the money? what date did they cash the check? what exactly did you owe? and on what date were you supposed to pay it?
such as Jan 15 i owe$XXXX on Jan i paid$ XXXX Balance due on _________ of $xxxxx then was it paid on time?

Who told you , you owed $873? can you prove that was the correct amount for the remaining term? When was the money due? and when was the check cashed?

If everything was one on time then you probably were terminated illegally.

You need to figure out if they have a case against you.

Last edited:
B

beat goes on

:Dear Michael,
Thanks so much for yiour reply. I got sa call from the senior VP of the insurance carrier. They admitted making a mistake. the guy who made th edecision never bothered to read my letter concerning the poremium. I do keep good records with date4s etc. It worked out well but thanks os much for your input. the Beat Goes ON.

M

michael parks

Just remember you got very very lucky on this one.

a company admitting a mistake....whoa....kewl!

B

beat goes on

:D
Dear Michael,

Am I blessed or what!!!! The CEO of this Insurancve company is very accessible to his customers. the policy is up at the end of Aug. I just pray they don ;'t decide topull out of nsurinag waterfront prpoerty. thanks again Michael.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">